Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 258: Food and TSW (Just My Opinions)

Here is what I think about topical steroid withdrawal and diet:

  1. If you are allergic to something, don't eat it.
  2. If something makes you feel bad, don't eat it.
  3. Vegetables are great. Eat a lot.
  4. Fruits are good. Eat some.
  5. If your food doesn't go bad, it's probably bad for you.
  6. Yes, we all agree that the Standard American Diet is bad.
  7. Yes, you should eat more real food in general. 
  8. No, I don't think my diet has a thing to do with my flares. I have tried really hard to find a connection and you know what? I can't. 
  9. If you can find a connection and eliminating that item makes you feel better, then go ahead and do it. That doesn't mean everyone else should do the same.
  10. No, I don't think diet can "cure" topical steroid withdrawal.
  11. Yes, I think it can help true eczema if your eczema is caused by food allergy/sensitive. 
Disclaimer: Obviously, these are just my opinions and you probably have other opinions. Personally, I don't care what anyone eats. I am just tired of reading all the theories on diet and topical steroid withdrawal. It seems like every question or conversation has "Eliminate this, that, and the other! Don't eat nightshades! Drink raw milk! Nothing spicy! No, wait, don't drink milk, be vegan! Actually, eat lots of organic beef! You know what, just don't eat anything - only drink water!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment