Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 25: Sore Lymph Nodes

For the past day or two, there was this spot in my neck just  that was just sore and achy. I mentioned it to my friend who is a nurse and she said, "You have a lymph node there."

Oh. Given what I've been learning about TSW...sore lymph nodes make sense! Apparently, it's the jugulodigastric lymph node, if we're going to get technical. It's the ones that swell when you have strep throat. I guess they are trying to flush out toxins...or something. I am not a doctor! But I don't have a sore throat or anything else that would indicate strep throat, so it must be TSW-related.

Many people going through topical steroid withdrawal experience the same thing: swollen, sore, or lumpy lymph nodes. Those that have made it "to the other side" have reported that the lymph nodes go back to normal. It's just one of the many symptoms your body may go through as it tries to flush out the damage caused by topical steroids.

No comments:

Post a Comment