Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 95: Part Snake?

Counting the days makes me feel a little bit like I'm stuck in prison or on an island.

I had very little itching (for me) until this evening when I got home from work. I've been incredibly itchy ever since - even tried rubbing my back against the corner of a wall! It did not work very well. I took a long oatmeal bath, which helped a little but I still have the itchy-crawlies & burning on my hands, arms, and back. For my oatmeal baths, I just use plain oatmeal, put it in a nylon that I've cut, tie it, and drop it in the tub. Once it gets wet, you can squish out the "good" stuff...aka collodial oatmeal. Squashing the oatmeal bag is also kind of theraputic, like a stress ball.

The raw spot on my wrist improved a little today. It wasn't oozy, which is a good sign, and hurt much less. I was very careful to NOT scratch it, but I did scratch right next to it...almost too much but caught myself in time so I think it's okay. However, I have a new weird thing to report today. I felt a sharp painful tingle on the raw spot of my wrist. I looked at it and said, "Stop that!" (I know, it sounds crazy but it really hurt and there is nothing else I can do about it!) Then I noticed that the skin on the raw spot was coming off! I touched it and a thin layer of skin about the diameter of a quarter just flaked right off! I didn't pick it or anything, it just came off. I guess I'm shedding skin like a snake now. That's a new one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment