Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 129 (photos)



I think I'll title this "Watching Paint Dry" because that's really what this slooooow process is like. Over the past two weeks, I've taken a couple pictures of my left hand. You can see minute progress there.
I feel like I am always in a flare. Some days are better, but those "better" days don't last long and I'm still red and itchy - just less than other days. It's so hard to be patient! Not only am I tired, itchy, and uncomfortable but looking like a leper takes a real toll on your self esteem.

Unless you are me, these pictures probably all look the same. If you are me and desperate to see any improvement, then you will notice tiny minute improvements. If you are me, you will also note that you are less itchy today than you were on 9/10 (when the first photo below was taken) and even LESS itchy than when the photo up top was taken... but if you are me, you will admit that although you are less itchy, you are still pretty darn itchy!

9.10.2012

9.10.2012

9.12.2012 - I had a LOT of shedding that day. It was disgusting! 

9.14.2012
 

9.16.2012

9.16.2012 - skin is slightly "elephanty" on my wrist when compared to 9/10. Also the color in this photo is accurate - and is significantly less red than the also-accurate-color on the 9/10 palm pic,
Last week I tried working out for the first time in a loooong time. I did the first day of the Couch to 5K program. It was weird because my underarms and lower back (which do not have red skin or rash) sweated. My arms, though, did not. Normally I would have a nice sheen of sweat on them but not this time. The worst part was they BURNED. I'm sure most people reading this have experienced the painful stinging burn after using a lotion/soap/makeup that you are sensitive to. It felt like that and didn't stop burning for quite a while after my workout was done.

I know this - no sweating and lots of burning - is a common symptom of RSS so I take comfort in the discomfort! There's a light at the end of the (very long) tunnel.

I am going to make my own mosturizer - found a couple of recipes for a non-petroleum jelly and a thick emollient that I am going to use. I also picked up an Aveeno Baby Eczema lotion since a lot of people on the ITSAN group said it didn't irritate. I just need something that ABSORBS, especially for my face. I'm tired of being so sticky and greasy!




No comments:

Post a Comment